You can always visit the Need For Speed Zone Forums and ask questions there.
The complete list is available on the NFSC_Hex_Codes page.
Yes, it can happen. You have completed the career mode but you are unable to finish some of the reward cards. Namely the "reach 1,000,000 in cash" or "win 20 defensive races" and similar. In this case try the following:
- Sell all of your career cars except one.
- Get your last car impounded. That's right, get busted four times and let the cops haul your car away. This will end your career.
- When you get asked on the Game Over screen whether you want to reload your last save or return to the menu, choose return to the menu.
The career starts from the beggining, but your unlockables remain unlocked. Thanx to GT3x24x7 for this tip. Remember to always backup your savegame before doing anything, as you may not be satisfied with the results, and there's no other way back.
There are lot of them. See the NFSC XBox Live Achievements page.
This is not a 100% protection but at least the ads won't be served. Open up the C:\WINDOWS\System32\Drivers\ETC\hosts file with the Notepad and add the following code to the end of the file:
Open the registry editor and change a value of the following key from zero to one.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Electronic Arts\Need for Speed Carbon\g_MotionBlurEnable
According to NFS Carbon manual the game uses the following ports:
- TCP: 18210, 18215, 13505
- UDP (outgoing) 18215, 20000-22000
- UDP (incoming) 3658
For best performance make sure you disable any filesharing, videostreaming and similar programs. Also you may have to allow the game to access these ports on your firewall, alternatively forward them from the router to the appropriate computer.
- Run the installation
- Select a destination folder and click install
- When you are prompted to close all running programs, click the cancel button
- Browse to the destination folder you selected above
- Right-click on autorun.exe and open properties menu
- On the compatibility tab, check the "Run this program in compatibility mode" and select Windows 2000 from the drop down box
- Click the OK button
- Double click autorun.exe and proceed with the install
After winning over each boss you have a chance to choose two markers out of four. Under one of the "hidden" markers there is always a "Pink Slips" option, which will get you opponent car. Backing up the savegame before the race with any boss can give you a chance to win Pink Slips from every boss. The markers are really randomly generated and the previous speculation that they are always same are not true.
The savegame contains your EA Nation private CD Key. Sending out the savegame means revealing the Key to everybody who will have access to your savegame and potentially loosing the access to play online. Read more on NFSCarbon_Savegames page.
C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\My Documents\NFS Carbon\This may vary as you may have different language setups and use different usernames. The savegame can be edited by hexaeditor, but it is secured by a CRC, so this won't be easy. Read more on NFSCarbon_Savegames page.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Electronic Arts\Need For Speed CarbonYou can change various options in here. (More on this later)